Washington, DC Office
Jessica Babridge is a law clerk at R&C whose practice focuses primarily on affordable housing development.
Major Prior Work Experience
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority, Staff Attorney – drafted, reviewed, and negotiated real estate documents and closed multifamily development loans and post final closing transactions on behalf of the Authority; counseled the Authority regarding single family mortgage revenue bond transactions; advised the Authority regarding corporate governance for Authority created entities, which held Authority assets.
- Michigan Department of Attorney General, Finance Division, Assistant Attorney General – acted as issuer’s counsel to state departments and agencies including, the Michigan Finance Authority, Michigan Strategic Fund, Michigan State Building Authority and Michigan Department of Transportation in the issuance of conduit bonds, governmental bonds and notes to fund or refund various qualifying projects, the proceeds of which were used to fund or refund capital projects in a variety of areas, including education, manufacturing, long-term care facilities, real estate, transportation and economic development; reviewed and negotiated terms of limited partnership agreements and subscription documents, including drafting side letter agreements, for the Michigan Department of Treasury’s Bureau of Investments related to the investment of retirement system assets for various investment securities transactions, including private equity, venture capital, hedge funds and real estate investment trusts.
- Michigan Court of Appeals, Research Attorney – researched complex legal issues and provided panel of judges with research reports and proposed opinions for criminal and civil cases, including for cases of first impression for the Court.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Law Clerk – researched complex legal issues, conducted document review using Concordance, and drafted legal memoranda for the preparation of cases regarding the prosecution of alleged violators of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, Hon. Alexander Williams, Jr., Judicial Intern – researched complex legal issues and drafted bench memoranda for the Judge’s civil docket.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Hon. Avern Cohn, Judicial Intern – drafted a memorandum regarding a motion to dismiss for a 42 U.S.C. § 1983 case.
Awards, Community, and Professional Activities
- Member, American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- Member, American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Member, State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Section
- Graduate, State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Academy