- Represented affordable housing developer/owners in the financing of the affordable housing portion of mixed use developments in the District of Columbia involving the redevelopment of Capitol Vista, Delta Towers, Hine School, Square 50 in the West End, City Market at O
- Headed the legal team that closed the first Rental Assistance Demonstration Program (RAD) to use financing from the Federal Housing Administration (FHA)
- Represented the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso as the developer/owner on the largest conversion of public housing to privately owned affordable housing under the RAD Program generating nearly $250 Million in rehabilitation funds from a combination of low income housing tax credits, HUD operating subsidies and capital funds converted to RAD, and bond financing to fund the renovation of almost 1,600 units
- Represents the Housing Authority of New Orleans on the Iberville/Treme Choice Neighborhoods Initiative redevelopment and with the redevelopment of the B.W. Cooper development bonds, low income housing tax credits, public housing capital funds, and private loans
- Represents the Boston Housing Authority on its redevelopment of the West Newton/Rutland, Mary Ellen McCormack, Old Colony, Washington Beech and Whittier developments using bonds, low income housing tax credits, public housing capital funds, and private loans
Washington, DC Office
Megan Glasheen is a Member who focuses on all aspects of affordable housing and community development. Megan is a frequent speaker at legal conferences.
Selected Recent Transactions
Major Prior Work Experience
Prior to attending law school, Megan was a press aide to Reverend Jesse L. Jackson, Sr. and worked at Rhode Island Legal Services on state legislative initiatives to increase the supply of affordable housing. During a hiatus from the firm in 1994, Megan worked at the Housing Authority of the County of Contra Costa, where she assisted with grant writing and a comprehensive overhaul of policies and procedures for the Section 8 and public housing programs.
- Management Specialist, Housing Authority of the County of Contra Costa, Martinez, CA, 1994.
- Speaker – Financing Mixed-Income Communities, HAND’s Training & Capacity Building, May 2018
- Speaker - Hot Topics in Fair Housing & Development, VAHCDO 2017 Legal & Policy Seminar, November 2017
- Speaker - Transactional Pitfalls and Challenges of Doing Development, SERC-NAHRO Annual Conference, June 2017
- Speaker - Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Rule and Revisions to the Regulations Dealing with the Violence Against Women Act, Public Housing Authority Directors Association Conference, May 2017
- Speaker - Property Taxes, PILOTS and Exemptions, ABA Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law Annual Conference, May 2016
- Speaker, Legal Aspects of Demolition and Disposition Applications, Virginia Association of Housing and Community Development Officials, December 2014
- Speaker, Effective Handling of HUD Office of Inspector General Audits: What You Need to Know Virginia Association of Housing and Community Development Officials, Housing and Development Law Institute, December 2014
- Speaker, Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) Program and LIHTCs, Virginia Housing Coalition Conference, September 2013
- Speaker, Gautreaux—Developments and Lessons Learned, Plenary Session, American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, May 2011
- Moderator, View From Capitol Hill Plenary Session, American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, May 2010
- Moderator, Effective Handling of HUD Office of Inspector General Audits: What You Need to Know, Housing and Development Law Institute, May 2010
- Presenter, Overview of the Tax Credit Assistance Program and the Tax Credit Exchange Program, Virginia Association of Housing and Community Development Officials, December 2009
- Author, Community Development Block Grants [chapter in Building Healthy Communities: A Guide to Community Economic Development for Advocates, Lawyers and Policymakers (American Bar Association July 2009)].
- Speaker, Hot Topics in Affordable Housing Law, The National Organization of African Americans in Housing, October 2007.
- Speaker, The Innovative Organization, Wall Street Journal Winning Workplaces Conference, October 2007.
- Speaker, Developing Affordable Housing-Dealing with Developers, HUD Maximizing Leverage Conference, September 2007.
- Speaker, The Benefits of Going Green, NAHRO Summer Conference, July 2007.
- Speaker, Tax-Exempt Organizations: Hot Topics, ABA Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, May 2007
- Speaker, Redeveloping Public Housing, ABA Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, May 2007.
- Speaker, Roles and Responsibilities in Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Transactions, Training for U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Staff, April 2007.
- Speaker, Governance Issues for Public Housing and Redevelopment Authorities, Housing and Development Law Institute, April 2007.
- Speaker, Green Building in Affordable Housing, NAHRO Community Development Meeting, March 2007.
Awards, Community and Professional Activities
- Martindale Hubbell Peer-Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Board member, Alexandria Housing Development Corporation, 2004 - present
- Former Governing Committee Member, American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- Member, National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials
- Member, Housing and Development Law Institute
- Member, District of Columbia Building Industry Association
- Member, Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers
- Member, Coalition for Nonprofit Housing and Economic Development
Howard University School of Law, J.D.
- Member, Howard University Law Journal
University of Rhode Island, B.A. in Political Science,
- California Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar